Dodd Scientifics Subscriber Forum

Subscription is $8 a year, link on the homepage. Join us!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Last Boss
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:51 pm 

Shiz840

Likes Given: 43
Likes Received: 82
Didn't put Gehrman as the subject title as that's technically a spoiler and I found the reveal to be pretty damn cool.

I don't really have a load of advice for this fight as after a half dozen or so attempts I summoned a player (for the first time in the game). Made the fight so trivial as he really commits to his attacks, meaning the other player can act as bait. (I assume this is actually the case with most boss fights).

I did find that dodging backward on his first attack and attempting to dodge toward/behind him on his subsequent ones gave me the best chance of getting a few hits in.

Also, when he stands still and wraps himself in a blue glow, don't be tempted to attack him while he's 'vulnerable'. Back the fuck away as he does a massive AoE attack.

It's also possible to stun him with a firearm, but I found the timing to be very tricky (although my bloodtinge is only level 10)

Post subject: Re: The Last Boss
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:24 pm 

Jogort

Likes Given: 30
Likes Received: 18
Aaah I suspected I'd have to fight him but I chose the other option, just finished this about 20 minutes ago. Will have to play it through again as there's a few things I know I've missed.
Fantastic game though, not had something grip me like that in ages, loved every freaky minute of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 pm 

Shiz840

Jogort wrote:
Aaah I suspected I'd have to fight him but I chose the other option, just finished this about 20 minutes ago. Will have to play it through again as there's a few things I know I've missed.
Fantastic game though, not had something grip me like that in ages, loved every freaky minute of it.

There's also a 'secret' boss after this, but you have to consume 3 umbilical chords beforehand. And the ending is disgusting.

The nice ending and the one I would choose if I was actually this world would be the one you went with, as you get to awaken from the dream and live your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:58 am 

DrDamn
DrDamn

Likes Given: 251
Likes Received: 98
I ummed and ahhed about the choice here and decided to refuse and fight him. Got ass handed to me *alot*. I think best I did was 1/2 health before calling in help - it then became a lot easier. Having previously run out of healing on previous attempts I was now through with some to spare. Co-op partner died right near the end but Alex840 tip of dodge back, then in worked well. Got him down to a slither of health then shot him - was quite satisfying.

Unfortunately I had consumed my three umbilical cords at this point and was then faced with the extra super secret boss, by myself and with limited supplies. I died. Will try again with help tonight, hopefully it won't make me fight Gehrman again! The only bit I wanted to do and haven't yet is complete whatsit castle and and fight Martyr Logarius. May do that first and that will give me a very decent completion set of all bosses so I can move on to other stuff for now.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:38 am 

Shiz840

DrDamn wrote:
I ummed and ahhed about the choice here and decided to refuse and fight him. Got ass handed to me *alot*. I think best I did was 1/2 health before calling in help - it then became a lot easier. Having previously run out of healing on previous attempts I was now through with some to spare. Co-op partner died right near the end but Alex840 tip of dodge back, then in worked well. Got him down to a slither of health then shot him - was quite satisfying.

Unfortunately I had consumed my three umbilical cords at this point and was then faced with the extra super secret boss, by myself and with limited supplies. I died. Will try again with help tonight, hopefully it won't make me fight Gehrman again! The only bit I wanted to do and haven't yet is complete whatsit castle and and fight Martyr Logarius. May do that first and that will give me a very decent completion set of all bosses so I can move on to other stuff for now.

Yeah, if you want to go to the castle and fight Logarius, you need to do that before beating the Moon Presence. After that it boots you into New Game + straight away.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 am 

DrDamn
DrDamn

Alex840
Thanks. Have headed back to do Logarius first, think I am most of the way to him. Love the castle and the the secret bits and design to it. I have just opened up the big ladder.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:55 am 

tattyUD
bitofadrizzle

Likes Given: 39
Likes Received: 47
Cainhurst Castle is easily one of my favourite areas. It felt very different from the rest of the game which was a nice change of pace.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:47 pm 

Shiz840

RichieTwoTeas wrote:
Cainhurst Castle is easily one of my favourite areas. It felt very different from the rest of the game which was a nice change of pace.

Same, quite gutsy of From to make one of the best areas in the game a hidden area.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:52 pm 

tattyUD
bitofadrizzle

Likes Given: 39
Likes Received: 47
Alex840 wrote:
Same, quite gutsy of From to make one of the best areas in the game a hidden area.

Totally, I only found it by accident when I went back to Hemwick to farm a few blood vials.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 am 

DrDamn
DrDamn

And done, think we probably need a lore thread to discuss what the hell we thought it was all about.

Brought in help for the final, final boss and it was fairly easy. Trickiest part was movement speed and getting in to get some hits in when they were focused on your partner.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:27 am 

Shiz840

DrDamn wrote:
And done, think we probably need a lore thread to discuss what the hell we thought it was all about.

Brought in help for the final, final boss and it was fairly easy. Trickiest part was movement speed and getting in to get some hits in when they were focused on your partner.

Did you turn into a squid at the end?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:59 am 

DrDamn
DrDamn

Alex840
Yes ... I've read a little bit on lore discussions, fascinating and confusing :-).

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:15 am 

Shiz840

DrDamn wrote:
Alex840
Yes ... I've read a little bit on lore discussions, fascinating and confusing :-).

Yeah, me too. Apparently your hunter is now a 'Great One'. That whole 2nd half of the game is confusing as fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 pm 

Toni P42
Toni-P42

Likes Given: 85
Likes Received: 123
This boss in an asshole.

Brought him down to 20% or so, but his last phase is really difficult. Haven't figured out how to dodge his jump attack which can easily one shot you. My biggest problem in that phase is that he is much harder to parry and stagger than in the first half of the fight, which makes everything a lot harder.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:09 pm 

Toni P42
Toni-P42

After beating Gehrman the Moon Presence was a total joke, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:27 am 

Shiz840

ElTorro wrote:
After beating Gehrman the Moon Presence was a total joke, lol.

You planning on playing the DLC? Beating the last boss kicks you into NG+ immediately and to play the DLC, you'll need to beat Amelia again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:54 am 

Toni P42
Toni-P42

Alex840 wrote:
You planning on playing the DLC? Beating the last boss kicks you into NG+ immediately and to play the DLC, you'll need to beat Amelia again.

Not right away, especially not now since I know that I have to replay the beginning of the game again. :) Maybe in a few weeks. Need a break from Bloodborne right now.