Dodd Scientifics Subscriber Forum

Subscription is $8 a year, link on the homepage. Join us!
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chalice Dungeons
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:31 am 

Shiz840

Likes Given: 43
Likes Received: 84
When I began, I found these to be quite confusing as to both what they were, what you do in them, so it'd be cool if people shared their experiences and what they've found.

From what I have found so far, there appear to be 2 types of dungeons, regular and root. The regular dungeons are fixed and have specific locations for loot door and what loot is contained within them. Each regular dungeon will also have a root version, which are randomly generated, with random loot. These however require rare offerings as well as the standard offering in order to enter. Each dungeon will has a 'depth' rating assigned to it, with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most difficult.

So far I have found the layout of each layer consist of:

Pre-Central Area: Defined by your spawning point and the first set of yellow lamps on either side of the doorway. There are no enemies in these sections, however there may be a brown door, inside of which you will find a loot coffin.

Central Area: Defined by the first set of yellow lamps to the set of purple lamps. These areas contain a lantern at the beginning of the area, as well as enemies and most importantly, the switch the unlock the blue lamp door (when unlocked, these lamps turn blue).

Pre-Boss Area: Defined by the set of blue lamps to the next set of yellow lamps. Identical to the Pre-Central Area, there are no enemies, but there may be a door, leading to a loot coffin.

Boss Area: Simple really, the boss of this layer awaits here. Defeating it will unlock a lantern for this area as well as an elevator down to the next layer.