Dodd Scientifics Subscriber Forum

Subscription is $8 a year, link on the homepage. Join us!
It is currently Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:49 am 

macewank
macewank

Likes Given: 16
Likes Received: 12
So hey, been a bit since we posted in here, eh? GET BACK ON THE HYPE TRAIN GUARDIANS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... f_destiny/

Pasting it here to save y'all a click. Tried to clean the formatting up a bit to make it readable. TL;DR (if true): Characters aren't coming over. Story picks up right after Taken King, Destiny 2: Forge of Hope is title. Totally new engine. Small events every couple of months, bigger updates once per quarter.

----------------------

Hello all,
Recently through contact with an employee within the Administrative ranks of Bungie I been presented with new information about the future of Destiny. I am to remain anonymous through this entire post due to the jeopardy of my contacts.

INFORMATION AHEAD OF CONFERENCE CALL
    * The next installment in the DESTINY franchise will be revealed as " Destiny II: Forge of Hope".
    * Will be launching in Q4 2017 with an estimated window release of November 4th to November 18th.
    * The next installment will be launching on five platforms: PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio (TBA) and PC.
    * Console Exclusivity will remain with PlayStation but the exclusive period will be reduced to 3 Months.

Will launch with three editions.
    * Destiny II: Forge of Hope including TBA Preorder Bonus

* Destiny II: Forge of Hope including TBA Preorder, Special In-Game cosmetics.

* Destiny II: Forge of Hope Including TBA Preorder,Special In-Game cosmetics and a 1:2 Scale of the Exo Strangers Relic of Necessity.

The game has a whole new engine built from the ground up with the ability for Bungie to rapidly create and ad new content to the world of Destiny.
Bungie is scheduling for an event release every 1-2 months centering around a theme similar to Overwatch while also delivering new narrative paths and new game play mechanics.

Spoilers on Story
The sequel will heavily focus on chronological events set after the Fall 2015 Expansion The Taken King. The cabal forces attack the city leaving the civilians and mentors of the tower defenseless. It is the guardians job to fight back the cabal and reclaim the city. While doing so the guardian will discover the long lost stories of Queen Mara Sov and The Exo Strangers motives. The story will culminate with the tower and city fighting back the Cabal empire resulting the guardian defeating the leader of the Cabal in the new Raid.

The Future of Destiny
Bungie is planning to release a substantial content updates for each quarter (Similar to the April Update)
Bungie already have a small team working on the first major expansion to be released in Fall 2018. Details are limited but it is aimed to be centred around the Vex and the Origins of Kabr and Praydeth.
This is all my info for now, there will be more in the future.

EDIT
NEW INFORMATION
Due to the new engine Bungie had to make the hard decision of previous Characters being left behind. The upside to this is the new release will have a more customization character creation including facial hair and class themed face paint and tattoos.

In a few days I will be presenting info about the upcoming Spring Update which will be releasing early May.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:00 pm 

Shiz840

Likes Given: 40
Likes Received: 79
This is all well and good, but we still know nothing about the actual game in terms of how many planets it takes place on, gameplay elements, mission structure, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

macewank
macewank

Alex840 wrote:
This is all well and good, but we still know nothing about the actual game in terms of how many planets it takes place on, gameplay elements, mission structure, etc.

What's your point?

I don't know what Bluray drive the Scorpio's using or what the shell looks like, doesn't stop conversation on it.

If accurate, this is mostly all new info.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33 pm 

famousm0rtimer
famousmortimer
famousmortimer

Likes Given: 323
Likes Received: 288
Lines up with what janitor has said.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:46 pm 

macewank
macewank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-SOIzPY0kI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:09 pm 

AussieTheLegend
AussieTheLegend

Likes Given: 42
Likes Received: 13
The fact that they call out Mara, Kabr and Praedyth specifically actually makes this less legitimate to me, yes it's pretty obvious the Cabal are going to rock up and wreck shop but the inclusion of names we already know and none included that we don't rings rather suspicious (plus we know a bunch about Praedyth anyways). I also very much doubt they would throw out all their investment (both monetarily as well as man-power training, emplyee familiaritt etc) on their engine too, unless "new engine" is shorthand for "we gave Destiny-engine 2.0 a new name BOOM NEW ENGINE MOFOS". Bungie aren't David Cage.

90% of this stuff is obvious shit to begin with tbf so I'm not saying most of it isn't true, but I doubt this is straight from the horse's mouth is all I'm sayin'.

I'm just happy Destiny 2 is somewhat imminent :)

EDIT: Regular events like Overwatch I totally buy though I absolutely see them going down that path (I expect to see a lot of Blizzard influence actually, from OW and Diablo probably)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:22 pm 

macewank
macewank

My thought would be "new engine" is the same "new engine" they've had for every other game. At it's core, this is all still the same Halo engine they've been using for forever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:26 pm 

Disco Batman
RasAlGhoul

Likes Given: 39
Likes Received: 279
macewank wrote:
Alex840 wrote:

What's your point?

I don't know what Bluray drive the Scorpio's using or what the shell looks like, doesn't stop conversation on it.

His point is these rumors tell us nothing about what the game will actually be like to play. This could all just be the next garbage expansion and I'd believe it.

The story: will focus on shit that happens after Destiny 1. Yep, thats ugh....what sequels tend to do....

The FUTURE: They have a team working on an expansion to release a year later, and will have content updates each quarter. Yep I've heard this before. Live team anyone?

New Info: Character doesn't carry over. O.K? I should be hyped for that?

Could this all be true...probably. Leaks around this game have a way of being true most of the time.

But is this hype train worthy nope, there is no hype train until I've seen gameplay, until I know how the actual structure of the game works.

I'm not buying a ticket to the hypetrain for this, I'm not even throwing a sideways glance at it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:35 pm 

macewank
macewank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:55 pm 

Disco Batman
RasAlGhoul

macewank wrote:

I'll be grabbing people and shoving them on the hype train when the time comes, and I'll be driving that mofo at full speed. I just don't see anything to get hyped about there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:07 pm 

Shiz840

Likes Given: 40
Likes Received: 79
macewank wrote:
Alex840 wrote:

What's your point?

I apologise if you thought I was making a alight at you. My comment was more about the actual leak, not your particular post. :)

Edit: Like Ras said, the leak doesn't contain anything that specific, anything out of the ordinary of what you'd expect from a sequel, or anything we haven't heard before from Bungie, only to be let down.

Waiting for that E3 reveal...

Last edited by Alex840 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:37 pm 

macewank
macewank

Per Kotaku:

Sounds like some folks at Bungie would like to see D2 delayed so they can continue to add content to the game, however, there's a clause in their deal that gives Activision a large amount of Bungie stock if they fail to ship it this year.

Not sure what that means for the game itself... Choo choooooo (Hype train is rolling with or without Ras/Alex. We'll pick you guys up later)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:34 pm 

Disco Batman
RasAlGhoul

Best part of the Kotaku article

"In other Destiny 2 news, the nonsensical Reddit rumor floating around today (and embarrassingly covered by websites like VG247) is very fake."

I'm sure I'll get excited when I actually see the game. But for now man I just don't care. I have Horizon, Mass Effect, and Persona 5 right around the corner. Plus tons of awesome VR shit. Destiny 2 is a long way out for me to care.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:19 am 

Rhak
Illyes_Evocati

Likes Given: 19
Likes Received: 22
I am likely going to be keen for Destiny 2 when we get some solid info but as it stands given the recent announced sandbox changes to the current game i am in Fuck Bungie mode.

Luckly lots of cool stuff this year to keep me going.